Monday, October 24, 2011

Two Nanas

10-15-11
I was thinking about friendship and suddenly realized how blessed I've been to have such wonderful friends in my life!  My most creative friend is Nan C., who was a 'nana' long before I'd ever heard the term.  Best friends, kindred spirits, even neighbors once!  She's an indelible part of my life.

In the original sketch, I had us surrounded by green leaves on an amber background.  But I found a great fall leaf paper that worked even better, since both of us really love autumn.  I added lots of stamped sayings that speak to our friendship and personalities and dressed us in pretty outfits.  I made us a little younger (and a little thinner!), but as the artist I have that ability.  We're hugging in the collage -- a pastime we do often whenever we see each other.  Since I moved away, I've missed her every day.  This collage brings her back to me and reminds me of the fun times we've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment