Monday, October 24, 2011

Two Hearts -- One Mind

10-21-11
My second collage was made for another good friend who I left behind when I moved out of state.  Her name is Melissa, and I think of her as my spiritual twin.  We've always shared a unity of thought that I found miraculous and very much a gift from God.  This collage was harder to visualize, since much of our friendship would be hard to show in images or words.  The scriptures say it best, but I didn't want the formality of the King James to make our friendship not seem as close as it was.  So I paraphrased, making the words more colloquial.  I think it works better this way.  Included in the collage are the two organizations she and I were involved in together (Girl Scouts and Primary Sunday School), as well as the fairy club I started for the young girls in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment